Thursday, November 2, 2017

Mega Mila Pizza; e As Virginia Estão Volando




Hello everybody! I have received some birthday wishes from many of you, and thank you so so much!! It was a tad strange to turn 19, but 20 is sure trippin me out! I do not feel that old for sure! Well, at this point I look older, but it’s amazing how fast 20 years of my life have flown by. Thank you all for your support, love and prayers!

So Virginia (English lady) came to church this past Sunday! What's more, she absolutely excelled in and loved the Plan of Salvation on Tuesday! She understood 2 Nephi 2 and the Lesson 2 folleto super well before we came; we were astounded at her comprehension! She has a work interview today at noon, we have a charla with her at a member's house tonight, and she is super excited to attend church again. We are super excited! She has been an amazing example of desire, faith, and sincerity, and I feel super blessed to have the honor of teaching her.

We found the family (Virginia, Gerardo, and Germán) this week as well and reviewed L1 (Restoration) for Germán (wasn't there when we first taught it to Virginia & Gerardo), using the Great Apostasy video with Wilford Woodruff. What a charla that was! In Buenos Aires, Virginia had read, understood and LOVED Alma 32! We moved her baptismal date to the 17/11/17 so that she and the fam can witness Virginia Añon's baptism (11/11/17), and tonight we are talking about the temple and families! We're also thinking about, sometime next week, having a charla with them at the temple square, and we think that it will be amazing for them!

We continue to search and find great people to teach here! We had contacted Diego last Wednesday, and although he was too busy to attend to us, he invited us over for the next week, or this Wednesday. So we went, and although he had little time, we introduced the Book of Mormon, and he promised to read and pray for the next time we come! :)

Mega Mila Pizza: One of the greatest inventions of all time! It is breaded chicken (or breaded red meat) as a crust - that's the milanesa, or mila - and sauce and cheese on top. SUPER good!

Love you all! Here's to a great Halloween week! If any of you have a super creative costume, I'd love to see a picture sent my way to get some laughs.  ¡Vamo arriba!

Con amor,
Élder Old-man

Dad, what a play!  That is the PG ball I like to see. Tell the boys congrats! I like the sound of that new fall break tradition.  Love you Pap!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW MOM! I honestly forgot how old you are now, but doesn't matter much, because now I'm becoming old too. We are doing super well here in the offices and in Mavín; it's been a blast working with the office boys. They are a hoot for sure; good times!  Glad the trip went super well; looks like y'all had a ton of fun! Love you tons!

Emmer! Don't remind me, I feel old and look even older thanks to bags under my eyes and fat face that was not there before.Oh well, what can you do... I will be praying for your 30 or higher on the ACT today for sure! ¡Te quiero muchísimo!

BEAR! Thanks a ton! And way to go with bantam again! I'm super excited to see how you do! This Wednesday, there was a ward sport activity like always, and this youth, after our usual soccer game, challenged me to a one-on-one game of basketball. I beat him, and the next guy, 21-0. It was pretty fun. Best of luck with the U13 soccer game! Love you.

Callie! Way to go with kneeboarding! So proud of you for trying something scary.  It sure is fun, isn't it?  And I'll try to not be scared of turning 20.   I love you tons!



Mom’s Questions:
1. How was your birthday package?

Opening it today!

2. Did you use your birthday money I deposited for you? What did you spend it on?

Not yet, but I am thinking of stuff I could use it on...

3. I am packing up your Christmas package and have a little something for the other office secretaries, but I am wondering how much time you spend with the AP’s. Should I do a little something for them as well? Or will you not be with them on Christmas?

We'll probably all be together, because President Eddy is going to hold a brunch for us. Go right ahead! :)

4. Tell me about your ward.

Malvín is a big ward of about 100 active members from the areas of Malvín, Malvín Norte, and Buceo. Sacrament meeting is the last meeting of each Sunday (11:20), we have recreative activities each Wednesday, and the members are very supportive and loving, with really strong testimonies. Especially Bishop Ibañez; I've only gotten to know him a little bit, but what a friendly, humble, and dedicated man. Elder Wankier has gone off about the great job he does in helping people to become active and get to the temple. The majority of the members live in our area, on the south side of Av. Italia (Malvín y Buceo), and our area is much bigger than Malvín Norte, but we also do have more buses. Great place! This building is also the stake center of the Este stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment