Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Music Lives On; Un Chaos Tranquilo; e As Aguas Do Batismo

Virginia's baptism
Hermana Kessler (from Grandma Jessop's stake)
4 Generations: Elder Anderson (Jackson's trainer), Elder Newman, Elder Sousa (who Jackson trained) and Elder Richards (who Elder Sousa trained)
Saying goodbye to Elder and Sister Wankier who finished their mission and went home to Idaho Falls 
A little friendly competition


 Visiting with the Eddy's 

Hey peoples! Super crazy yet great week! Crazy because of changes being on the same day that Bishop Davies visited to speak to us. (Un Chaos Tranquilo) Great because I had the sweet privilege to baptize Virginia yesterday!  (As Aguas do Batismo) She was so excited, prepared, and at peace yesterday, and it was amazing to see in contrast with the down-trodden Virginia that we first got to know the 3rd of October. In her testimony - which was one of the strongest I've ever heard - she said that she feels at home in the Church. I feel so blessed to be able to be here in Malvín and witness all these miracles happening before our eyes.

Music Lives On: We were preparing the chapel on Monday to receive the two missions and Bishop Davies, and the assistants and secretaries from the other mission came to help. One of the secretaries looked at me closely and said that he knew me from somewhere. Turns out: he was in the Mexico MTC choir at the same time that I was the choir director! We talked about the epic EFY Spanish Medley we had sung, and it was super cool and kinda surreal to experience that. Music lives on, my friends.

Guys, I know that this Church is true, without a shadow of a doubt; I know that this is God's Kingdom and the safe and only path to home. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Lord guides us in the work if we allow Him. I've seen it firsthand here.

¡Les quiero muchísimo! (Vosotros is almost non-existent everywhere but Spain, so I'm just gonna use ustedes now.)

Con mucho amor,
Élder Newman :)

Mom, that is quite the visit right there! Peacocks! Oh my goodness, how I remember the birthday permission joke... Super cool to hear about all the cool things happening all around the world in the mission field with my boys! Wow, super cool with the Holland parents! And that's kind of funny: I never realized that the missionary dads didn't even know each other! Love you soo much, Mom.

Dad, business is always good for sure, because if you never work, there's no time for rest. Haha a throwing speed bowling contest, why am I not surprised...  "Gotta make a move." Glad to hear that the Bear is playing hard as always. I actually have a "Trunky" book filled with stuff I want to check out/do when I get home. It's really nice: I hear about something, I write it down, and then I put the book back on the shelf and forget about it until I put the next thing in. Love you Pap!

CALLERIST! Happy 7th birthday! Haha, I remember that Dad joke; it bothered me too to have to ask if I could be a certain age on my birthday. And I absolutely LOVE Classic Skating! I am loving the mission soo much! And yes, I am being very nice to Elder Bazaes, and he with me. Love you tons!

Bear da Bear! Haha I remember those study seshes I had for Pre Calculus with Madi Aston my junior year; in the beginning, we actually did study hard, but it slowly turned more and more into funny YouTube videos. Good times... Good luck with bball, and have fun at Natalie's farewell! Tell her good luck from the Newman boys! Love you!

Emma, ¡gracias por tu apoyo y ánimo infalible! Y ¡bien hecho con los exámenes y todo! (Thank you for your support and infallible spirit! And well done with the exams and everything!) And HOLY COW! I didn't know that you had a dance solo to do! SWEET! I can't wait to see it! And have an absolute blast with Andrew at Sadie's! SUCH a great kid. And a fantastic theme too! ¡Te quiero muchísimo! (I love you so much!)




Mom’s Questions:
1. How did transfers go? Who is the new office elder that replaced Elder Poulson?

Super well! Elder Poulson went to Paso de los Toros, and the new secretary is Élder Christensen from Kentucky! You'll get to know him in the video.

2. How are the Virginia’s doing? I fasted for them on fast Sunday. I hope they are continuing to come to church and that the word of wisdom is coming along.

Welp, I baptized Virginia Añón yesterday, and her mom came, so SUPER well! She hasn't had any more problems with the WoW. And Virginia Vodanovich will be out of town this weekend, but she has all 3 attendances, is super excited for her baptism, and is complying with all the commandments we've taught. Super great! Thanks for fasting for them.

3. Did you get your visit from a general authority that you mentioned in your last letter?

Yup! Bishop Davies from the Presiding Bishopric. It was super cool and I received quite a bit of revelation. I also got the 4 generational picture there with my pops, son, and grandson! :) The only problem was that changes were the same day, and we had to get everyone to their ares from here in Malvín, so the rest of that day was crazy.

4. We’ve been hearing that there are some world wide changes coming to missionary work, like all missionary companionships getting a smart phone to help further the work along. Have you heard anything in Uruguay about these changes and the timeline for when and if your mission may be implementing this?

Not so far. But since many Uruguayans use an app called WhatsApp to communicate and even fewer just use that and no actual cell phone calls, so the Wankiers - who just went home - left us financiers one of their smartphones for such cases!


Pic 1:
Pic 2:
Pic 3:

No comments:

Post a Comment