Thursday, March 8, 2018

19 Big Ones; Cansansio Bueno; e Membros São Mutios Bons

 Clean Apartment
 Pday Fun
 Service Project


Hi peeps! So good to be talking with y'all once again! Another week full of twists and turns and miracles!

A few of this week's miracles: A random inactive man named David Miller, who was smoking in the street, hailed us down, shared his love of the church with us, and asked us to visit him and help him return.

Diego, after months of not seeing him due to chemotherapy, showed up to the sports activity, and we reviewed the baptismal interview questions with him, and he aced them all and has read the entire Book of Mormon! All we have to do is figure out what his living situation will be (currently living with his girlfriend), but we're headed in the right direction.

We also visited Lethiel and taught him, his little brother, and his grandma Lesson 2, and Lethiel and his brother were making very inspired comments that showed that they understood everything.

We also did service for a member (us four and a youth that has grown super close). We painted the outside of her house and her gate; super fun! She was super grateful and invited us back next week to finish the job and dine with her. Gaining trust!

Last full week in the offices coming up; I will try to live it up to the max and give it my all before I head out! This has been such a humbling experience for sure and one of the most stretching times of my life, but I feel like a different person than when I started. I know more fully now that the Atonement and grace of Christ is sufficient to change, heal, and transform us, little by little, into the beings Heavenly Father wants us to be. In things great or small, His grace is all-powerful and all-sufficient, and I can't wait to see what it can make of me and those around me wherever I go next.

¡Les quiero muchísimo! ¡Que tengan una semana maravillosa! (I love you very much! Have a wonderful week!)

Con mucho amor,
Élder Newman

Pretty intense playoff days; reminds me of my Bantam days! Nice workout room! I'll be able to stay fit when I get home for free!  Love you Pops!

Lots of cool stuff happening at home! And my old queen bed was the one that you threw out? Haha oh well, it was probably pretty worn out. Those verses in 2 Nephi 33 are great comfort to me when others don't accept the message; I know that at least I helped the message get there, I did my part. Love you Mom!

¡Opa! Reading has always been fun for me! ¡3 TESTS! Wow, best of luck! And tell the Bball boys congrats for me! It's not every day you go viral on youtube, way to go! any way you can send me the vid? Best of luck with the finals! How was it driving around in Salt Lake City? Intense? ¡Te quiero mucho, Emma! (I love you so much, Emma!)

I always loved Dr. Seuss when I was younger; how fun! JCW's for school grades; look at you, smarty-pants! Can't wait to meet baby Morgan! Love you Callie!

Wow, thank you so much for telling me about your temple experience. Crazy that you saw Bart Coon, Grandpa Newman, and all your friends at the temple in the same morning! You know what, I am growing to absolutely love spicy food! Night-to-day transformation! Love you Bear!


Mom’s Questions:

1. How are Rossina and Yanina progressing towards baptism? Did they go to church on Sunday? 

No. We haven't been able to find Yanina recently, and Rossina has been sick this week, but we will keep trying. :)

2. How are your shorts working for you? Do they fit ok? 

They work like a charm! Thanks soo much! :)

3. Any new investigators this week? 

Not yet, but we keep going at it hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment