Thursday, March 15, 2018

Prayers are Answered; Hasta Vernos; e O Santo Templo do Senhor

 Ummm...facial hair??

 Temple visit with Virginia and Adriana



Super weird to know that this is officially my last Saturday P-Day! I don't know what's in store for me, but I am sooo grateful for the opportunity to serve here in Malvín. I have learned and stretched and grown so much, and I have seen many, MANY miracles here!

I wanted to share a special experience with you this week about the power of prayer. For a few weeks, Virginia Vodanovich had not been coming to church, and the last time she had come, she had looked really worn out and unwell. I had been worrying about her for a long time, especially since the family has not been able to receive us at home for a long time. This past Saturday night and Sunday morning, I prayed fervently and humbly that she, along with others who had been less active, would feel the love that God, as well as we, felt for them, and the need to return to the fold. The result? She and a member who has been less active for almost 2 months came! And it was a fast and testimony meeting, so I was able to bear my testimony in front of them.  I was able to say goodbye to all my converts, and I recently witnessed Virginia Añón and Adriana Moreira's first vicarious baptisms in the temple today! Not only that, but seated as one of the witnesses next to Elder Guanuna, who is the trainer of Elder Manzanares and a good friend of mine! Super sweet experience.

Lots of miracles are happening in the life of Virginia Añón: she recently did baptisms in the temple; she finally got a job, and a really good one too as the secretary of the president and owner of a big international company!; she is receiving her patriarchal blessing this Sunday! What a blessing it has been to see all these miracles before I head out.

With both of them, I shared the joy that I feel as a missionary as Alma describes it in Alma 29:9-10. Although it is definitely hard sometimes, I absolutely love being a missionary, and I feel honored to represent the Lord Jesus Christ here in Uruguay. It reminds me a lot of what one of my best friends, serving in Samoa, once said: "It is not hard for me to wear the name of Jesus Christ over my chest, because He is already in my heart." (Shoutout to Elder Edwards)

I will let y'all know about my new area the next time I write; Newman is (almost) officially out! Love you all, and have a fantastic week!

Con mucho amor,
Élder Newman

Wow! Such a while since I've seen Seth Adair! I actually was thinking about him this week; tell him I said hi!  HOLY COW, SAM'S MARRIED! That is so cool! Tell her congrats for me! Great thought about being self-reliant; it is so important in our lives. I am definitely learning how to be self-reliant spiritually and financially as well. Love you Mom!

Pap! Fun memories and reunions, right?  I will definitely take your counsel to heart and be more fearless this week.  Love you!

Callie, so glad you got to try an eclair! And I hope you have so much fun with the grandparents this Sunday! Disneyland too! Remember to always spread Jesus' love with everyone you meet! I love you!

Hey Bear! Hope you had so much fun at mutual! Haha you tend to get people mad when you shut them down; nice going. Good luck in your games, and keep up the good work as guard! (mom told me)  Love ya!

Emma, way to pull through for the all A's! And good job taking down the Get Out Games! Dang, nobody ever told me to take BC Calculus; smartie!  ¡Te quiero!


Mom’s Questions:
1. Do you have any idea where you’re going next week? 

Nope! I'm hoping out in the country, but we'll see what happens!

2. Were you able to visit David Miller? Isn’t it wonderful that he has such a positive impression of the Church through the previous missionaries and members he’s met? 

Sadly not, he recently moved to Bella Italia out in Maroñas.

3. How is Lethiel and his brother coming along? 

Doing well. We haven't seen his little brother since the last charla, but Lethiel is super excited to be baptized, enter the temple, start seminary, and serve a mission. ¡Capo!

4. What are your personal goals as you leave the office and head back out into the field full time? 

I want to finish the mission stronger, bolder, and more urgent than I started. I would also like to baptize a future missionary and Melchizedek Priesthood before I head out.


No comments:

Post a Comment