Monday, September 18, 2017

Bubble Bike Man; La Pesadilla de Transito; e A Dor das Pernas

 Service Project finishing a cement floor


 Feeding the Zone
Hey my friends and family! Great to talk with you all once again! Entering now week 5, and it's very possible this next week that I will be heading out! I'll let y'all know how it goes, but if I leave, I will sure miss Toledo. I have learned and stretched sooo much here with Elders Mereles and George.

So we went on a route this Sunday to pick up investigators and less actives, and the only success there was the less active that helped us out, Gustavo. (We actually finished up his floor on Saturday.) But great was our surprise and joy to see Victor back at Church again! He has passed through some TOUGH trials, but is now re-focused and re-dedicated for his marriage and baptism. Tender mercy of the Lord!

Bubble Bike Man: There's this guy that lives in Casarino but passes by through Toledo a lot. He rides his motorcycle with crutches in his lap, and every time he lets off the accelerator, lots of bubble sounds seem to come out of the exhaust. Hence, the name.

La Pesadilla de Transito (The Nightmare of Transit): On Tuesday, we had to go to Prosperidad for the district meeting. 3 hours of travel in what should have easily been 1.5. And then when I went to the dentist's in Malvin on Wednesday, 3 total hours of travel and $187 (U$S 6.68) for a 20-minute appointment. (I don't have cavities, but pre cavities; this week they're going to do sealants on my back molars to prevent the cavity.)

A Dor das Pernas (Leg Pain): Lots of running this past Friday. Elder George and I went running for exercise that morning and he was dying, poor fellow. Then we played soccer that night at the branch activity with some less actives that are coming back, and they were running me up and down the court (2 teams of only 4). My legs were definitely sore the next day!

¡Os quiero muchísimo!, y ¡que el Señor os bendiga en todo! (I love you very much! May the Lord bless you in everything!)

Con amor,
Elder Newman :)

Mom’s Questions:
1. Are you feeling any better this week?

Yup! :)

2. How is Elizabeth doing? When do you think she and her boyfriend will get married?

She's doing great! THey hope to get married by the middle of December at latest; they have to do some stuff around the house (we offered our help ;)) and then they'll go to take out a specific date.

3. What is the most exciting thing that happened this week?

Tie of 2: Victor finally came back to church, and we put a baptismal date on Sandra Vicente, that nonmember daughter we met at the lunch last week. :)

4. When did you feel the most happy this week?

Seeing Victor in church was so alleviating and joyful. :)

5. Did your new music album I downloaded for you work better than the old files?

MUCH BETTER. Thanks! :)

Sarah: The braces! Haha, I've fought that battle; just do them right and you might not have them on for four total years like I did. Haha, heavy sleeper just like your other big bro; I had to use an air horn app and a wireless speaker once to get him up. Ask him. Tell Juney that I'm also getting fairly decent at soccer! Cousin fun is the best. Glad to hear that Gabs and Michael are doing so well. Love you Bear!

Callie: Yay! Glad your leg is getting better! And congratulations on the win! Today I won a few soccer games myself. The school carnival was always so much fun for me; I never got around to doing the dunk tank! And I get the feeling rock walls used to scare me too! And way to be a big girl! Don't worry, I will be happy and love my companion! I love you Callie!

Emma: Responsibility is always challenging, I know the feeling. This week, I have to prepare for a talk in church, a branch choir number, a district meeting, and helping people get to church! But if there's anyone I know that is responsible, it is definitely you, Emma. Tender mercies of the Lord for sure, allowing you to endure that pain through practice! HAHA,SUPER funny the Domino's story; shows they really do listen to their customers! Top notch service! Congrats on Vikette of the week! ¡Te quiero muchísimo, Emma! ¡Espero que todo te vaya bien! (I love you very much, Emma! I hope everything goes well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment