Wednesday, August 30, 2017

You Know What That Means; Palabras de Trueno; e Nefi é Tao Sutil

 Picture Hermana Eddy sent of Jackson at lunch during zone conference
 Service with a smile
 Differences between sins and weaknesses (as described in the letter below)

Hey peoples! GREAT to talk to y'all today! Our temple session is in the afternoon, so I don’t have time to upload a lot pics. But I sure am SUPER excited! We had a great week last week!

Elisabét is flying high as always! She loves reading the folletos, studying the suggested scriptures, and writing down impressions in the folleto study page as she reads! We had a stellar Plan of Salvation lesson last Tuesday, and Elder George and Elder Hunt, one of the assistants we had intercambios with, taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not only that, but her marido served them lemonade! Opening up little by little. And Rosana yesterday had read her scriptural assignment and we had a great Lesson 2  (Plan of Salvation) in which she made great comments. Excited to see where she goes!

We had a zone conference this past weekend with Norte and Este in Carrasco, and not only was it a super spiritual and inspiring conference from President Eddy, our zone leaders, and the assistants, I got to see my buddy Elder Manzanares who is now serving as one of the secretaries! We talked about personal conversion, being centered in Christ, and contacting as if we were talking to ourselves - being the best and friendliest you can be.

In the pictures you'll see comparisons of Sin vs. Weakness. I honestly loved that article in the Liahona (can't remember which one for the life of me), because then we know when we need to repent and when we just need to humble and patient. We understand better the Atonement.

You Know What That Means: We had the privilege that the assistants came to our area to do divisions with us. I got to work with Elder Mecham, who was here in Toledo with Elder Mereles before I came in! #WelcomeHome We had a great day and I learned a lot as we found 3 news and put a baptismal date; Elder George and Hunt also found a new and put a baptismal date! What does this have to do with the title? While Elder Mecham and I were doing contacts, before knocking a door, he would look at the property and name seemingly unimportant or irrevelant details about the house or possessions, and then say, "You know what that means..." and then, after a pause, he would nod his head, say "baptism," and knock the door. #CAPO

Palabras de Trueno (Words of Thunder): Yesterday we had gotten home and I was writing in my journal, and Elder George and I started talking about how we had shown in the Bible that day a testimony of the Book of Mormon to this sweet Catholic lady we were teaching. I said softly, "God is not restricted in His ability to speak to us. He only stops speaking to us when His children stop listening to Him." After a few seconds of silence, thunder rumbled in the distance and kind of shook the window we were seated by. I said, "Huh, my words must be more powerful than I thought," and IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

Nefi é Tao Sutil (Nephi is Tao Subtle): Read 1 Nephi 7:19 and 16:7, and you'll understand. Nephi is one sly dog.


Love you all, and here's to another great week! ¡Vamo arriba! (Let’s go upward!)

Con amor,
Elder Newman

Mom, ¡Ay ay ay! Super sad to hear about Easton's injury; send him my condolences for me.  But I'm super happy the letters made it to you, Mom, and especially so quick! I am always impressed by all Joseph Smith did and taught; that quote book you gave me is super awesome! BTW, any way you could you send me an oil recipient? I realized the hard way that putting the chain around your belt loop is a poor idea.  Love you!

Dad, Wellup, you and I will need to have a kickball competition when we get home; a king needs to be disthroned.  Haha, home cookin' is always "the best." (Jackson’s talking about refs at an away game.) Love you Pap, and glad you enjoyed the letter!

Mom’s Questions:
1. I got a picture of you and an email from Sister Eddy. Looks like you were enjoying that sandwich and soda! What meeting were you having that you were meeting with the mission president for?
Zone Conference

2. What is something you are looking forward to this week?
The temple today, charla with a reference we have, and intercambios with the zone leaders!

3. What is something that made you laugh this week?
We were cleaning the house and had left the trash can outside to dry. As Elder George was walking in, I felt inspired (but not by the Spirit) to turn around, point at the trash can, and say "You're trash!" Afterwards, we just cracked up because it was so perfectly timed.

4. What do the kids in your area like to do for fun? (Besides soccer)
They're all hooked on the spinner. But mostly it is just fútbol, fútbol, ¡fútbol!

5. What is your favorite hymn to sing in Spanish?

Hijos del Señor, Venid (Come, Ye Children of the Lord), but there are some others like Press Forward, Saints and Hark, All Ye Nations that are close

No comments:

Post a Comment