Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Dead Dog for Dayz; El Árbol de La Vida; e Muito Velho Estou



¡Opa, familia y amigos queridos! Con los cambios esta semana, me voy













... ¡a quedar en Toledo con Elder George!

(Opa, family and friends! With the changes this week, I'm leaving













... to stay in Toledo with Elder George!)

So good to be talking with you all! This past week was a little rough with having to drop Raúl, very few charlas or news, and nobody coming to church. But it reminds me of the time when José dropped us hard core in El Pinar just before church, and we found my convert, Solange, that same day. Always remember that the Lord "mourns with those that mourn," (Mosiah 18:9); He understands our struggles, and He is preparing the way to find the elect if we will follow His path. We must never lose hope!

We found a man by the name of Carlos; he is the nonmember boyfriend of a less active Teresa. In the beginning he said he wasn't much for religion but loves God and serving others; super great guy. We taught the Plan of Salvation in answer to his question about why "God punishes good-doers." Super great charla and we are excited to help him come along the gospel path.

Well, Bella Italia is no longer part of our district! They changed places with Prosperidad, so now Elders Yardley and Correa (son of my old comp E' Estouco) will be part of my district! Only true change here.

Dead Dog for Dayz: We found a dead dog in a ditch almost a month ago. For some reason, they never ended up removing it, and today, it is all bloated and decaying and black, and you can now see muscles and stuff. Elder George can't even stand to look at it.

El Árbol de La Vida: This past week I have been doing a serious study of the Tree of Life, and I have received monsoons of comprehension and revelation.

Muito Velho Estou: My son, Elder Souza, is going to be training these next 2 changes! He called me Sunday night and was super excited about it.  That makes me a "grandpa" in the mission; thus, I am officially old.

BAHAHAHA man those are some priceless faces Uncle Tyler pulled in the video you sent. So glad the wedding went so fantastically. That family pic is on point. Can't wait to hear about the season for the football boys! Love you Pap.

Haha that is soo cool that you got to see Mitch, Jace, and Jodi all at once! The MTC life, even though I got bored of it week 4, is pretty great. Love you!

Callie, what countries did you learn about in Primary? I hope you have so much fun at 7 Peaks! Love you!

No worries, school passes by quick if you don't stress about or count down the days. So crazy that you saw Mitch, Jace, and Jodi! Love you Bear!

Emma, Uruguay está bien en este momento. ¡Diga buena suerte a CamBikes por mi! (Uruguay is fine at the moment. Say goodbye to CamBikes for me!) Man, how quickly things pass by; Caleb Campbell playing varsity! Tell him "that's my boy!" Haha I would've loved to see that Coach Wooten outfit. ¡Te quiero hermana! (I love you sister!)

Con amor,
Elder Newman



Mom’s Questions:
1. Transfers are this week, right? Are you staying in Toledo for the next transfer or moving on?

Yup! I'll be sticking here with Elder George.
2. What ways have you served Elder George this week?  

He has asked me to correct his Spanish, which I have been trying to do; also serving him his plate of food sometimes.

3. Your birthday is coming up in a couple of months. Is there anything you need or want that you can’t get down there? Or would you prefer I transfer you money to your card to spend on a birthday cake and gift?

Just the black pants, and some lotion if you can; lotion is stupid expensive here (pardon the word, but it really is THAT bad)

4. How are the ward members helping with the missionary work in Toledo?
They are constantly giving us lunch (seriously not a day without lunch except P Day, and even so on those days sometimes); many priests and Melchezidek Priesthood holders go on divisions with us; and we've received quite a few references!

No comments:

Post a Comment