Thursday, December 1, 2016

Putting off the Cave-man, The Return of the Canela Cake, and Phone-ception

Uruguay Montevideo Missionaries at Mission Conference with Elder Rasband
 Three Generations: Elder Newman's dad, Elder Anderson, and Elder Anderson's dad, Elder Cary

 MTC Reunion

 Elder Newman and Elder Fonseca
 Elder Newman with the Eddy boys
Pizza with the Zone
 Super Moon
 Elder Poulson and Elder Saeteros had a baptism!


 Hermana Cabrera came to help with a charla Elder Anderson and Elder Newman had with her friend.


In his voice recording, Jackson talked about Elder Rasband's message to them at the mission conference last Thursday. He told them that any good prompting they have comes from the Spirit and to feel confident to act on it. He also talked about how every assignment, transfer, companionship assignment their leaders give them is just as inspired as their mission call to Uruguay was and so there is always a divine reason for where they are serving and who they are serving with.  

¡Hola, mi querida familia y queridos amigos! ¡Es muy bien otra vez para hablar con vosotros! ¡Esta semana fue muy especial, dura, y milagrosa a la vez! (Translation: Hello, my dear family and dear friends! It's great again to talk to you! This week was very special, hard, and miraculous at the same time!)

Christian, I cannot wait to see the highlight intro, it sounds amazing. I hope that you guys haven`t been too stressed on the video effort without my small part I usually played! Dude, that Rec Ball team is the most loaded squad ever; I feel soo sorry for every one you guys face. Glad you`re enjoying being a manager for all those reasons! You always gotta find something to keep you busy, even if it’s something simple like being a manager. Tell Jake congrats, that`s my boy! I remember when I took a trip up to SUU, such a fun time! I`d love to hear the funny stories, and I`m glad you enjoyed the trip! Much love!

Emma! It is just as weird to hear about choir and to not be there! Please send my love and my best wishes to the members of the choir and to Sister Reay. I love choir always, but it`s especially indescribable and amazing during Christmas time. I`m kinda surpirsed that you convinced Mrs. Stanton-McAtee to let you guys go! The power of teamwork is real! Happy that you are enjoying drill and dance co; the stress of being busy with the things you love is both the hardest and best thing you can experience in high school. Bloody noses for the win! ¡Gracias a ti por todo las detalles de todo en PG! ¡Te amo mucho tambien! (Translation: Thank you for all the details of everything in PG! I love you too!)

Bear da Bear! Tell Ms. Day I say hi as well! ¿¡9 a 1!? Holy cow, that is a BEAT DOWN! Great work! I can`t wait to hear how Bantam goes! Just relax, play hard, and have fun! I love the topic of reverence and how it brings the Spirit. It doesn`t mean that we can never goof around and have fun, we just need to know when such things are appropriate. Balance is key :) Enjoy your break from school!

Callerist! I`m so happy that you had such a great birthday dinner and birthday party! Spaghetti and meatballs are MM MM GOOD, and there is no better dessert than the one you had! Way to go, doing it right!  Take care of and enjoy your watch, that is soo cool! Also safeguard and try not to spend your $2 bills, those are very special. I love you Callie!!

Mom, so cool to hear that life has been busy but treating you well. Truly amazing to watch life pass by and experience these small miracles in life. Tell Scott congratulations! I love that thought by Sister Rachel Hall - she is a spiritual rock star! - concerning bringing souls to Christ. I tend to get really sad when people choose to reject baptism, and that might not go away entirely, but that thought will truly help to control my sadness and find comfort and joy in its midst. Exactly what I needed right now, so tell her thank you from her former student now in Uruguay! Thanks for sharing.

Pap, I hear you are doing mad work on the highlights; I can`t wait to see them! I know for a fact that you will knock it out of the ballpark once again. Hope you enjoyed your trip in London! Tell Steve I say hi and much love!
This was kind of a quack and tough but awesome week! We got to do intercambios with the Zone Leaders in 33 and also attend the Mission Conference with Elder Rasband. Amazing experiences! (more details in audio) However, I had no idea upon arriving for intercambios on Wednesday that I would be staying that night AND the next to save time, travel, and money! So I didn`t pack change of clothes or toiletries for those days, and I arrived home in Chuy feeling like a Caveman. And upon arriving home, I immediately commenced Operation Put Off the Caveman and Become A Missionary Again. This I did through the fruits of: an extensive hot shower & much shampoo, a purging of the teeth through vigorous brushing, thorough flossing, & Listerine mouthwash, and a much-needed shave. Rarely have I felt so clean in my entire life.

We have been doing a lot of contacts and visiting references lately because our investigator list right now is not doing very well, and with hard work and dilligence, I have hope and faith that everything will turn out okay and start to turn around! With faith in the Lord, anything is possible!

Thanks again for your emails and thoughts and prayers, they truly do make a difference for me! ¡Os quiero mucho! ¡Que Dios os bendiga siempre y para siempre esté con vosotros! ¡Ciao! 
(Translation: I love you! May God bless you always and forever be with you! Ciao!)

Elder Newman

Mom’s Questions:

1. How was the conference with Elder Rasband? What did he speak about? Was it just one day?  

It was soo amazing! He talked a lot about how to recognize the Spirit more fully and how our assignments, right down to the area and comp., are inspired of the Lord and revealed through the Holy Ghost. It`s never a mistake. The conference was only one day

2. How are things progressing with the Vincente family? How about Gislaine? Were you able to meet with the father and Mateo that you played basketball with?  

Gislaine is currently at a standstill; we´re trying to get more charlas in and hopefully help her progress. Vincente family is on the edge; more details in audio. We have not been able to meet with Mateo, sadly; probably because we didn`t snag their number or address. We`ll definitely do better the next time we try such a contact.

3. In one of your recordings you talked about your meetings with Gislaine, you mention that Elder Anderson is leaving, if I heard correctly. Is he getting transferred? Or what did you mean?   

More likely than not he will get transferred, because he has been here in Chuy for 3 changes

No comments:

Post a Comment