Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Merry Half-Christmas; Línea por Línea; e Estar Doente Não É Divertido

 Mission Pic with Elder Bragg
 Pics with my grandson and my tiny GREAT-GRANDSON Elder Acuña!
The generational photo with the adopted great-grandson Elder Harrison! 
 Fellow valientes Elder Hunt and Elder Johansen
 Honey and lemon tea is the greatest. And I made it myself, Mom! ;)
 Water problems in our house.


Pday visit with Victor and Patricia
My Trunky Packet! Whatt....​

Hey peoples! Merry Half-Christmas to you all! (shoutout to Elder Ryne Christiansen for reminding me in his group letter).

Wow! What great conferences we have had this week! Lots of revelation for us! We had zone conference and interviews with President here in Las Piedras this Wednesday, and I gave my valiente testimony in front of the entire zone. That was SUCH a special and spiritual experience. Then we had a mission conference in Malvín with Elder Bragg of the Seventy! Revelation upon revelation, line upon line!

Kind of a bummer that I was sick the first half of the week and couldn't do as much as I would have liked to, but we still had a good week as we helped Debora make her final preparations for her baptism this week!

Other fantastic experience: randomly before the beginning of sacrament meeting, the ward secretary asked me to share a quick experience and testimony with the ward after the second talk. I used the experience of Kevin and his family being reactivated and Solange being baptized in El Pinar as a result, and as I bore my testimony, I felt the impression to do the same thing that Elder Roquemore did in his new ward that normally did not support the missionaries very well: tell the members that I loved them, that they are the best members ever, and that we're at their service. The result? After I sat down, the Gospel Principles Teacher Teresita - who has a non-member husband who received a blessing from Elder Levrino, an Area Seventy - handed me a slip inviting us to a Family Home Evening tonight! Our DOM (WML, ward mission leader), who is normally a capo, took it to a whole 'nother level as he announced Debora's baptism in Gospel Essentials and Elder's Quorum, and got two witnesses on the spot and coordinated with the Relief Society for the snack there. We didn't even ask him to do it. Debora was VERY warmly fellowshipped by all the members. A true miracle. 

¡Les quiero montón, y espero que estén disfrutando su verano! ¡Faltan 24 días, no más! (I love you a lot, and I hope you are enjoying your summer! 24 days left, no more!)

Con amor,
Élder Newman :)

Wow! Sounds like Strawberry Days was on fire this year! Haha good ol' Coach Moore.  Glad to see the girls are doing well. And super cool you got to see the Domans! Tell them hi for me!  Haha and poor little Callie in Salt Lake, that must have been very eye-opening (and ear-opening) for her. Love you Mom!

Pap! Service is absolutely awesome, you got that right. Haha Callie is sure dedicated to the parade; I would have gone home early too.  Man, what a fantastic pic with the Doman boys. Capos for sure! Love you tons.

Callie! I'm so glad you enjoyed Strawberry Days: I really miss it! And you stayed for the whole parade! WOW!  No worries! Keep practicing, and you'll be able to swim one day in the deep end with no problem. And look at you riding all the big rides at Lagoon! Have fun with hip hop and tumbling! I love you!

Haha what a capo Daniello; I will help you learn Portuguese and Spanish one day!  Glad you enjoyed Keeper Camp! Haha Coach T is a CAAPO, and how funny that everyone was surprised at your age. Perhaps you'll play for him in high school!  Are there any new rides at Lagoon? Love you tons!

Emma! Glad you enjoyed the parade! I will definitely have to watch Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom when I get home! Incredibles 2 as well!  Wet kickball sounds absolutely epic, and what a capa who dodged in Matrix-style!  Can't wait to see your hip hop dance!

Mom’s Questions:
1. How fun you were able to visit El Pinar! Are you able to visit other areas on pday if they are close? Are you doing that because you only have a few more pdays left? 

Yes, I had to ask permission from President beforehand, but it's something that he sometimes allows us to do in our final transfer. In fact, I just did it today with Victor and Patricia.

2. How are your investigators doing? Any committed to baptism? 

Doing well, Debora is getting ready for her baptism this week! We haven't been able to get a hold of Cinthia, so I would appreciate it if y'all back home would pray for her so that she'll be okay and that we can find her.

3. What miracles did you experience this week?

The one from church described above.

4. Only a few more weeks left. What are you doing to make these last weeks count? 

I am going to strive to be the boldest I can be and invite more people to baptism. And I am going to express my love more to the Uruguayan people, because time is sooo short.


No comments:

Post a Comment