Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Healing Water, Pozo Negro round 2, and Happy Mother's Day

 Solange's baptism


 Visit with a Uruguayan family
 Zone activity
 Mother's Day call via Google Hangouts

Hello my beloved people! What an incredible week it was for us: Solange was able to enter the waters of baptism and make the first covenant. She was then confirmed and received the Holy Ghost, which will be of vital importance to her now, because her family has not supported her even one bit. But she is more ready than anyone I've seen to take on such challenges; ever since her Alma 18 experience, she has been tranquila (at peace) and unshakeable. The Lord truly walks hand-in-hand with those that serve Him, as well as those who are coming to Him like she did; there was always such a strong Spirit in our charlas with her. Now we just need to help more people get there!

Hey dude, your senior pics turned out really spectacular! Elder Souza looked at them and called you a capo (boss). The graduation is coming! Holy cow, it already marks almost a year since I did so! Haha I dug your Grad Announcements: #3timechamp Love you buddy, and see you in the field in 2 months!

Hey Em! The cold has definitely taken a toll on me (humidity is the killer) but I have adjusted much better than poor Elder Souza. He's in for an interesting first true winter of his life.  I will admit, the slope of the mountain to the G is brutal, but at least you did it! True pride looking out from the G into the beautiful city of Pleasant Grove. You will do great as a historian for drill team! I always receive opportunities to talk about your amazing photography skills when people comment on my own skills. Haha I basically learn everything I know from my little sisters. ¡Te quiero, mi hermana! (I love you, my sister!)

Nice work in the basketball championship, Bear! 15 out of the team's 34 points is no small contribution. Haha official goalkeeper jersey, nice! Small tip, however, that helped me in sports: when you focus more in the game than on your uniform, you play better and more relaxed. Not that you have any problem with that, just dwelling on my experiences. Love you Bear!

Callie! Congratulations on graduating! To answer your question, I don’t have a puppy. Sadly we are not allowed to have pets. But I do love sausages, donuts, AND chicken enchiladas! And today was my 2nd time cooking asado! Meat here is expensive, so we don't get to do it often. And spaghetti and meatballs are SOO YUMMY! Yes, there is a playground close by our house, but I have never used it because I'm kinda old now.  In El Pinar, there are LOTS of forests and pine trees; that's where El Pinar got its name. My companion is 19, and 7 months younger than I. Love you!

Thanks for the photos from the Mother’s Day call, Mom; such precious memories with American family and Brazilian brother through the amazing means of technology. I’m excited for the package you sent with Claudia. Thank you! Kevin is an elder, so he and we Elders did the confirmation of Solange with him as voice. He truly has a power with words that he doesn't know yet; incredible brother. Crazy how the year has flown! Love you Mom, I hope you had a divine Mother's Day!

Lemme tell you Pap, I surely have been blessed with my Spanish progress. It has come through prayer, the gift of tongues, and practice. Your Spanish wasn't half-bad either! It was a little funny to listen to "yo (iou)" in place of the Uruguayan "yo (sho)", but you were able to communicate well with Elder Souza; he was really impressed! Love you tons!

“Healing Water”: This is an EFY song by Feli Ika that y'all need to listen to; it is so calm, beautiful, and talks about baptism, the Holy Ghost, and the sacrament. And in light of Solange's baptism, fits. Google it!

Pozo Negro: Well, the septic tank overflowed again this Saturday night, and since we couldn't pay Sunday to get it emptied, we had to use the capilla's bathroom until this morning. I thought I'd seen the last of that!

Happy Mother's Day: Such a great day being able to talk with my family yesterday. As Jeffrey R. Holland has said, the only earthly love that comes close to the Savior´s love is that of a mother, and I testify strongly of that. To every mother, grandmother, or woman who has helped a precious child of God to grow, I say thank you. You are more powerful and impactful than you will ever realize, and please know that I and others around the world salute and thank your countless sacrifices for our generation and all generations. Thank you all.

I love you all dearly, and I know that the Lord is with us wherever we are. He can never leave us; it is only us that reject Him,  and may we never do this, so that we may joy in His love and power. ¡Os quiero muchísimo! ¡Vamo arriba! (I love you very much! Let's go upward!)

Con amor,
Elder Newman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment