Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Mighty Change of Heart, equipo de fútbol del siglo, y Mighty Change in Body



HELLO my family and friends! Don't have a lot of time today, but this was a great week and a great setup for this week to come!

Mighty Change of Heart: The Amaro family has progressd very well, and Dario has turned really happy! Big contrast to when we met him. Dario, Joanna & Fernando are currently working on trying to quit smoking (which has gone VERY well!), Fernando is trying to change his work schedule to be able to go to church, and Dario and Joanna are trying to finish up the new house and find money to be able to get married. The kids, Nicole (10) & Damian (8) came to church with us this week and absolutely enjoyed it! Amazing to see the change so far in our new friends, and I am excited to see the progress hereafter!

Equipo de fútbol: We brought Dario and Fernando to football night in the church court Saturday night, and it helped them to get to know some people and break the ice, and also see the sacrament room! We started off a little rough, but afterwards, we won 5 games straight. Elder Souza and our friends were making all sorts of ridiculous goals, and I had a ton of saves, let in very little, and almost scored on a boomer from my end!

Mighty Change in Body: Photo with mate was in Chuy when I had a belly and had lost muscle. But it pays to obey and exercise! (See pictures above)

Callie! That is so exciting that you got your own Book of Mormon! I am extremely excited for you to be able to read the Book of Mormon; I absolutely love it! I learn so much about Jesus, and I feel such a sweet, calm Spirit. In our church today we learned about eternal marriage and why it is so important and wonderful. We also learned about the priesthood. Love you!

Bear! Tell Ms. Connell that I say hi too! 39-4!? Ayayay, THAT is a beatdown for a basketball game. How is your new friend doing? Did she come to activity days? I love you!

Emma, how surprised was I that you made DanceCo? NOT AT ALL. How surprised was I that there is a guy on the team? A tad.. Who is this springing young fellow? Haha Josie pulling in for the save paying for breakfast. Breakfast in the morning when it's dark out is always fun. Now you just gotta do it at 2 AM like I did in high school. Love you!

Christian, tell Jake that I am super proud of him and that he is gonna do awesome in Chile. Dude, same flight, same MTC. WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?  I will take your tip on the Israeli food, just need to make sure they remind me or I remember by the time I get home. Way to be a great support for 
Pops; I would have fared worse with only 13 miles. #DistanceWasNeverMyStrength Congrats on the Eagle, Christian! Way to tackle the beast once and for all! Continuing the Newman tradition! Let me know how Spirit Bowl goes and send me photos, if you can. Love you buddy!

Mom,  that is a very good idea with the Books of Mormon! Crazy to think how fast the time must be flying for y'all back home; here I am with almost 9 months! Time flies when you're busy and happy. Can't wait to see what your new calling is. Love you!

Pap, it wasn't pretty, but you finished the marathon, and that is what counts. Haha next year perhaps you'll be better prepared!  Love you tons, and happy recovery!

Love you all soo much! Here's to a happy, full week and more time next week to share about it all! ¡Ciao, mis queridos!

Con muchísimo amor,

Elder Newman :)

Mom’s Questions:
1. Mother’s Day is coming up in a few weeks. Any word on the guidelines for that? Are the rules the same as Christmas?

No word still. But I think they'll be talking about it soon

2. Packages?? I’m worried that since I sent a box, maybe you won’t get it. That makes me sad. Maybe I should stick to padded envelopes…

Getting it tomorrow! We always get our packages, its just that the Uruguay delay is real, and they also only give out packages in Zone Conferences, intercambios, or conferences in Carrasco (mission home).

3. How is Solange doing? Kevin sent me a pic of you on FB today. And it made me think of how things are going with his girlfriend. How about the Amaro family? And Santiago?

Solange and the son & daughter of Amaro came to church yesterday! Santiago no; we are trying to get his dad or another member to bring him now, because we've been the only ones who have brought him.

4. Christian and I are going to start shopping for his mission soon. What feedback can you give us on the clothing/missionary items we sent you with? What has worked well and what would you recommend us changing?

I honestly can't think of anything I would change! You did a masterful job with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment