Monday, April 17, 2017

Agua Tónica, Abe & Joe, Pescando Tiburones, y la Arma Secreta

 Fishing for the first time since being in El Pinar
 We didn't catch anything.

And just when I thought it couldn't get better! ¡Hola, mis queridos! ¡Que semana que fue ésta! (Translation: Hello, my dear ones! What a week this was!)  Miracles have been happening at greater and greater frequency, and I have seen hearts change. What joy! I hope you all had a very tender Easter this Sunday. What gratitude I have for my Savior and everything he's done for me.

Dude. Your leaping picture. Is the best. Elder Souza literally laughed for a full minute upon seeing it. I loved missionary season at PG even when I was a sophomore; the halls were alive with the Spirit of Christ and there was a palpable joy there. When you go to Santa Cruz, you will come to DEEPLY love them, every one. I am also beyond excited for July 25th! See you then, Elder! Love you buddy!

Haha Emma I'm right there with you; I'm much better with real guns than laser guns. But I did make quite the good sniper. I wish you luck in Physics! I remember the crazy stress that always prevailed in AP season. ¡Te quiero mucho!

Hey Bear, no worries; I always had fun playing against the older guys. Haha I still cannot believe that the Grovecrest I knew is gone; so crazy! Here the Uruguayans celebrate Easter, but there are less hunts for hard boiled eggs, and more chocolate eggs and Easter Bunnies for sale. I love you!

Callie, did I ever tell you how much I love Easter? I LOVE EASTER! I feel so happy and loved when I think of what Jesus did just for you, and just for me. He loves me! He love YOU! And He's alive once again! I missed you all in the Easter Egg Hunt but was happy to see you all so happy as well. I love you!

Mom, Elder Manzanares called me as well to let me know he was going to train; he was pretty excited too.  The temple and Easter this week were incredible for me; thinking about the love Jesus has for me is almost overwhelming. Soo soo happy for Gabby right now, and I can't wait to meet my new uncle.

Pap, haha I wish you luck at Salt Lake marathon; this will be tough!  I wish for photos of the solar! Tell Gavin and Adam that Elder Newman sends his love and support from Uruguay! Love the quote.

Arma Secreta: This week, we had quite a few charlas with members, and it sure made a difference! We had Hermano Dominguez, a convert and ex-bishop with a kind heart and a Jehovah's Witness past, accompanied us to Margarita, Valentina, and Aldana. Margarita has loved to listen to us but has not read the BoM or come to church. And this is her 3rd time talking with missionaries. Dominguez did a masterful job in answering questions she had, explaining the benefits of the auxiliary organizations, dropping cane on the JW's (you read that right. it was epic), and inviting her to act on the 3rd sign and visit that God had given her. Margarita seemed to connect a ton better with him than with us; what a help! We also met this wonderful family that recently moved in to our ward and are preparing to get sealed in the temple; Quintana! Capos, and with a pure love of the gospel; they are converts of 2 years, and they helped us SOO much in our most recent charla yesterday with flia. Amaro, clarifying doubts, telling their story, and inviting them to a Family Home Evening tonight at their place!

Abe & Joe: We often do practices with one being the missionary and the other investigator, and in a practice on introducing el Libro de Mormón, I asked Elder Souza to think of an investigator for me, and he said... Abraham Lincoln. Thus, I was Abraham Lincoln learning about the Restored Church and the recently-assassinated Joseph Smith. Truly epic

Agua Tónica: There is a carbonated water here that tastes like Sprite but has a very strong grapefruit aftertaste. Most people hate it, but I actually loved it.

We also went fishing this morning; my first time in a few months! We went on the hunt for sharks... and didn't catch a single fish in 3 hours. Turns out everyone went yesterday and caught just about everything. Etee…But it sure felt good!

Wellup, that's about it!

Con amor,

Elder Newman :)

Mom’s Questions:
1. Did your investigators come to church? How was Easter Sunday?

Santiago did!

2. Are any of your investigators still on track for their baptismal dates? How is Solange? And Damian’s family? Do you have Santiago back on board after his discipline from his mom?

Santiago and Solange need to set a new date, but all of Damian's family are set for the 13th of May! And we are back on track with Santi! Solange has been busy, more than anything, but still appears to have desires to continue forward. Another charla set!

3. Are you using your jump rope? How’s the fitness coming along?

Yes, and I now have almost a month straight of exercises in!

4. Did you get the package one of the members brought back from Utah when she visited a member in Grandma’s ward? How about the package I sent you in the mail?

Nope, and nope

5. What is something that made you feel joy this week?

Seeing the change in the Amaro family. A light is coming into their eyes that wasn't there before, and Dario has a little hint of a smile during the lessons!

No comments:

Post a Comment