Saturday, August 27, 2016

Kung-fu Panda and Preparation/Photo/Peace Day

Hello hello hello everybody! So good to be with you all today! This week has been a crazy one but amazing as well! And as wonderful as it is to use P-day for the Temple, it´s amazing to have a full P-day! Today I have played some speed, as well as shot around a little bit. I got all my laundry done, and then prior to coming here, I did some foosball singles and duos! We kept switching up the teams but I still won 8 out of 10. Way fun!

Christian! 1-0! Congrats on the win! Dad sent me the KSL pic of the game winner. EPIC! Best of luck up in Pocatello, show em how we Utah boys do it. ;) 

Our investigators are progressing well! Carlos (Hmo. Tapia) has such a sweet heart and is completely receptive to the message. In fact, he has told us that once he feels ready, he wants to be baptized! And he has also committed to read the BoM and come to church! I always feel the Spirit so strongly with him. César is... well, still César, but we reached a small turning point this week! Our message was about praying sincerely, because his previous prayers have all sounded the exact same and not like a conversation. He still asked a lot of questions, but not quite as many, and this time they were sincere rather than trying to derail us. The Spirit was so strong and he gave a sincere prayer at the end of the lesson.

Hmo. Tapia is amazing as ever; I have actually convinced him to make a handshake for ourselves! He is always so sweet and caring and really funny. And I have really come to like Hmo. Hernandez! I can now understand most of what he says, and he really has a strong testimony of the gospel. At the same time, he has incredible English and is really funny and sarcastic.

In fact, Hmo. Hernandez taught us kung-fu one day! He taught us some defense moves if someone tries to push or punch you that were really cool. He used me as a demonstration. He is pretty thin but man!, is he strong! I actually taught them to my roommate that night. xD

Funny story: In Mexico we obviously say salud (health, or bless you), when someone sneezes, but if they sneeze immediately again, we say dinero (money), and the third elicts amor (love). However, on Elder Cheney´s dad´s mission in Germany, he would say chastity on the 4th (castidad en Español) xD For weeks Elder Cheney would get to three numerous times and stop; but this week alone, he elicted 2 castidads! I was rather excited xD

Leading the choir this last week was soo amazing! Their voices and the Spirit were so strong and they set the stage perfectly for Elder Mirón´s incredible talk. What a blessing it is that God gave us the ability to create music. I will be able to lead one more time this coming Tuesday, and we will be doing the EFY Medley en Español! #WOOOT

Yesterday I got to do TRC: people from outside the CCM (miembros o investigadores) come in and we get to teach them! My stomach was going haywire before we started, but when we realized we were teaching strong, faithful members, the Spirt drop-kicked away my anxiety and stayed there the whole time. I didn´t understand all they were saying but they were completely receptive and it was amazing. I don´t think I´ve ever felt the Spirit so strongly or come so clos to crying in my life. Amazing.

This past Sunday, we finally got to hear our MTC President, Presidente Tenario, speak to us! Whereas the other two members of the presidency are rather stern and straight-forward, Pres. Tenario was absolutely hilarious. He told us about a love letter he had written to his not-yet wife which was (get this) 12 pages long and mentoined that in the glorious Resurrection, he would be more handsome than Paul Newman! xD Wonderful man! Also on Sunday, I found a pianist that is out of this world! We´re talking Caleb Lyons organ status; its just entrancing to hear!

We had the opportunity this week to give one of our roomates a blessing. His companion had never given a heling blessing before, but he was in tune with the Spirit and delivered a profund blessing post-sealing (I had the opportunity to annoint). The power of the priest hood is real, and I am so grateful to have the privilege and trust to hold God´s power.

Wellup, I´m out of time again, but it is wonderful as always to speak with you all! If you have questions, send them in; I´d love to answer! ¡Hasta luego!

Mom's Questions:

1. How is your foot doing? It's been four weeks since Dr. Faux told you to keep it in the boot for four more weeks. So technically, you can take the boot off and see how it feels. Remember no sports or running as long as you're in the MTC. And hold onto the boot during your mission in case you need it later on.                      No pain to report! And sweet! I thought I had to get it off on Tuesday!

2. So cool that you are the new CCM choir director! How many missionaries are in the choir? Do you pick the music or are you told what to prepare?           I am given music to direct. And around 200! 150 Elders too!

3. How often will you get to go to the temple while you're in Mexico? Did you get to do any endowments for the names you took with you for temple work?        I´ve already gone twice, don´t know if I´ll be able to go again; you only go 2 or 3 times here. I just found the cards today so I haven´t done any yet.

4. Did you get your donuts for you and your district and the letters this week? I went back to the first delivery service I used. I hope they arrived ok on Tuesday.              YUP! And the district loved it

5. Any word on travel details to Uruguay yet?         Nope. I´ll get those week 5 or 6

Dad's Questions:

1. Foot feeling good?    good as ever!


2. Getting good exercise in? I know it is tough with the boot.      Yup! There´s a machine that allows me to work legs without putting pressure on foot, so that´s good. But with the lack of running and crazy exercise, I have put on a little fluff weight xD stated doing situps each night. Oh yeah, I benched 265 the other day! New record!

                                                       District 14A! (Minus Elder Ogborn)​
                              Elder Stockton Hunsaker! (who is now in the field in Viña del Mar, Chile!)​
                         Roommates: Elder Folkman on my right (tall blonde) and Elder Barfuss on the left​
                       For those who go to LP and for Pap, I have found Elder Nathan Bennett! We've 
                                                   actually played some Speed together!​
                                               For the Spud Buds: ¡ELDER GUBLER está aquí!​
                                                                        My room​
                                                                    Our laundry room​
                                            Our house´s MTC calender complete with "birthdays"​
                             Gordon B. Hinckley gym. Here are some of the foosball and ping pong tables
Gordon B. Hinckley gym. Fun fact: this MTC used to be a Méxicano LDS high school, so this is 
                                                    where their ball   team played!
                               La capilla (chapel) in GBH. This is where our and devotionals are. 
                                                       Sooo gorgeous in my opinion​
                                      Mi casa. The farthest away from all the important buildings xD​
                                                                   Outside of GBH​
           La tienda (store) They have everything here! Snacks, drinks, shirts, gospel books, garments, etc.​
                                                                          Post office​
                      The weightlifting gym. Not very big but still very rewarding and stress-relieving to use!​
                                                                             Weights

      The TALL (Technology Applied Language Learning) Lab. This is where we practice pronunciation of Spanish​

No comments:

Post a Comment