Tuesday, July 17, 2018

In The Blink of An Eye









Wow. I knew that this moment would come, but I never imagined it would come so fast. 2 years has passed by in the blink of an eye. What a joy and privilege it was to be a full-time missionary in this time.

We had the opportunity to visit the temple as valientes last Tuesday, and as we entered the celestial room, President Eddy gave the Elders hugs and Sisters handshakes (vice-versa with Hermana Eddy) and expressed their gratitude for our service and their love for us. That was so special, and I can personally testify that they were the right ones called to preside over this special mission. I am so excited to spend the next few days with them and my best friends in the entire mission (valientes).

Picture-perfect ending as Debora was confirmed and warmly fellowshipped in Las Piedras. I also had the chance to share my homecoming talk in Spanish in sacrament meeting, and people were thanking me and crying afterwards for what I've done for them. I was extremely humbled by this group manifestation of love and gratitude, and I felt the Spirit confirm to me that my service to Christ has been acceptable.  The despedidos (farewells) with the members as well have been super special.

I just wanted to bear my testimony that this is the work of God. Christ lives and directs this work, and He has transformed me just as much as every one of my dear converts. I am so eternally grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve Christ and be His representative, and it will be less difficult to take the plaque off of my chest because I feel it engraven in my heart as I prepare for the next chapter of life. I love you all and can't wait to see you! And I share this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

¡Nos vemos pronto! (See you soon!)

Con amor, y por última vez
(With love, and for the last time,)
Élder Jackson Duane Newman :)

Mom, I would absolutely love to visit John. Let's plan a visit when I get back!  And I can't wait to answer your “Mom’s Questions” in person and give you a hug when I get back! Love you! See you soon!

Pap, so crazy to think that this is my last time writing you as a full-time missionary; soon, I will join the club as returned misssionary!   You are right; although my mission didn't go as I had entirely imagined, I wouldn't go back and change a thing. It was absolutely incredible and I am so grateful that I could do it and gave my best.  And I have felt the power of your prayers the entire time. Love you. See you on Friday.

Callie! Five more days!  Look at you jumping off the diving board! Such a big girl! Looks like you're having lots of fun in the sun!  Can't wait to see you and hug you this week! I love you!
Bear! I'm sorry you sprained your hand, that's no fun!  Take it easy and you'll be back to 100% in no time. Haha good ol' Callie!  Have fun with girls camp and La Roca! Love you! See you soon!

Emmrs! Can't wait to see you in just over 3 days! Lookie at the Newsies going to town! Water dodgeball sounds so sick haha. ¡Te amo! ¡Nos vemos pronto! (I love you! See you soon!)

1 comment:

  1. We love u!!! Thanks for your time here!!! You are wonderful man. We'll mees you so

    ReplyDelete