Wednesday, January 18, 2017

¡Cambios!, ¡A La Costa!, y Milagros en Plentitud

(*Jackson was in a hurry when he sent his email because of transfers and so he didn't give descriptions for his pictures this week.)
















¡Hola querida familia y queridos amigos! ¡Estoy felicísimo de nuevo y como siempre para hablar con vosotros este gran día! Esta es la semana de cambios, y ¡cosas grandes están pasando! Yo voy a dar los cambios de cada miembro de Chuy. (Translation: Hello dear family and dear friends! I am very happy again and as always to talk with you this great day! This is change week, and big things are happening! I am going to give the changes of each member of Chuy.)

Elder Saeteros are going to stay in Chuy A. Elder Estouco is going to stay in Chuy B as district leader, and is also going to train for his second time! And Elder Newman (drumroll pleeaaase...)

is going to Pinar, La Costa in Montevideo! I will be serving with Elder Christensen, a former district leader, happy-go-lucky guy and Elder Fonseca`s favorite gringo comp. And it will be a whitewash! :O I am excited and terrified at the same time!

Christian! Nice work on your basketball games! Doing work as always! I have many memories from church ball. Good times. Big points you're putting up! So glad to hear you had a blast at Save Ferris. That has always been one of my favorite dances. Nothing like the 80's! (Which our investigator Gilberto understands; his music is on POINT). Are they actually letting you doing mosh pits this year? Who is the DJ? Love you buddy; continue to enjoy the time you have left. You are exactly right; it flies and will only start to pass faster as you keep going.

Emma, great job taking 2nd on very short notice changes! That is the mark of an impressive team: adaptable to change. I'm excited to see how region and state go: I'm predicting 1st! Save Ferris and stag dances are always such a party; glad you partied hard! ¡Buena suerte con Drill y Danza y todo que haces! ¡Te quiero! (Translation: Good luck with Drill and Dance and everything you do! I love you!)

Bear! Good luck with Alex Morgan at the wax museum! Fun fact: I also did an athlete for the museum; I was Peyton Manning. One of my favorite memories from elementary school. Man, how I miss shooting and "blowing stuff up." (Pap) Sounds like you're a pretty good aim! Love you!

Callie! I`m so happy you had a treasure hunt; I love treasures! What was the treasure? Hersheys? Gummy Bears? Maybe even Peachy-O's? I can't wait to hear! I love you!

Mom, so happy to hear about the basketball game and the support they received. That is the PG Pride that I know. Tell Jake (Jensen) great work and that Elder Newman says hi from across the world! I love you!

Pap, best of luck with the sales conference. With prayer and faith we can achieve great things. Hope things are going well as bishop and father and that you have felt the Savior's hand in your life! Love you.

As miraculous as the past week was, this week has been even more incredible! We finally got an investigator (Gilberto) to come to church as well as some menos activos! The Lord truly helps us to soften their hearts and help them come to Him. He is always there, arms open, waiting to take us into His loving, Godly embrace. I want you all to read 2 Nephi 26:24-28 and ponder the Savior's love for you, and then pray to receive a confirmation of that love. It will come, I promise.

We had two incredible charlas with Manuel, a hectic yet spiritual charla with Luis Katherine, Aarón, y Belén, and a great charla with Natalia and Sheferson, as well as watching Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration with them. Spiritually charged week!

I am very sad to have to leave this all behind, but I know that they are in good hands with Elder Estouco, his oro, and the Lord. It has been an incredible experience here in Chuy, and I am stoked to see what we can do in La Costa!

Exciting things happening out here in Uruguay, and I'm excited to see what's in store! ¡Os quiero muchacísimo! Gracias por vuestro apoyo y oraciones hasta ahora, y ¡que podáis continuar en esta cosas! ¡Estoy a las ordenes!, y ¡es otro gran día en La Misión Uruguay Montevideo! ¡Ciao! (
Translation: I love you very much! Thank you for your support and prayers so far, and may you continue on this stuff! I'm at your service !, and it's another great day at La Misión Uruguay Montevideo! Ciao!)

Con amor,
Elder Newman

  Mom’s questions:
 1. What new foods did you learn to make this week? 

Spaghetti with meat, onions, and oregano! Also added honey to my chocolate pancakes; ¡ahora estamos hablando!

2. Are the baptismal dates for your investigators still on? 

Yes they are: Gilberto is on for the 4th; and Natalia, Luis y Aarón, and Manuel are on for the 11th

3. In what ways have you shown obedience to the mission rules even when it was difficult this 
week? What blessings have you noticed because of obedience?  

There was one night that we were going to play Scum like we always do in our free time, and I realized that playing cards had been dulling my spiritual sensitivity and making me frustrated easily (which is not like me). So I have decided to stop and focus more entirely on the work, and I have felt peace and approval from the Lord since that decision. And I have stopped in the best way possible: burning the cards ;)

4. Are you still using the hammocks or are you back sleeping on your beds? 

On the beds; with our reorganizing of the house I had to take my hammock down and have not set it back up; will do so in La Costa.

No comments:

Post a Comment